Skip to main content
Home> Personal Information Collection Statement

Personal Information Collection Statement

  1. Purpose of Collection

    1. 1. Personal data provided by you will be used by the Judiciary only for the purposes of handling your enquiry.
    2. 2. Your enquiry may also be used for the compilation of statistics on the number and nature of enquiries received by the Judiciary. The outcome of the resulting statistics will not be in a form that will identify your enquiry and any of your personal data.
    3. 3. The provision of your personal data is voluntary. If you do not provide sufficient information, the Judiciary may not be able to provide assistance to you.
  2. Classes of Transferees

    1. 4. Personal data in your enquiry, or copies of which, will be disclosed or transferred to parties relevant and necessary for the purposes as stated in paragraphs 1 and 2 above.
  3. Access to Personal Data

    1. 5. You have a right to request access to and correction of your personal data provided in your enquiry in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486).

    2. 6. You should make your access request by completing the Data Access Request Form specified by the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data under section 67 of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. The Form is accessible here and available at all enquiry counters of the Judiciary.

    3. 7. Your right of access includes the right to obtain a copy of your personal data provided in the enquiry subject to payment of a fee at $1.5 per sheet or at such rate as shall be promulgated by the Director of Accounting Services.
  4. Enquiries

    1. 8. Enquiries concerning your personal data provided in your enquiry, including making access and corrections, should be addressed to :

      Senior Judiciary Executive (Complaints)
      Access to Information Officer
      High Court Building
      38 Queensway, Hong Kong

      Tel : 2825 4593
      Fax : 2530 5102

    Note: The above does not apply to access or correction requests in respect of court records. Requests relating to court records should be referred to the relevant Registrar or the authorized officer of the relevant Court or Tribunal in accordance with the relevant Ordinance.